Tuesday 20 March 2012

Remember the movie with Richard Gere?


 This great movie has been made into a musical and Sydney will host the world premiere of An Officer and a Gentleman from 20 May 2012 and my DH has bought tickets for us to see - I can't wait!!
  
A hit across the ages, the Academy Award-winning 1982 film has become a phenomenon in cinema history, recently listed by the American Film Institute as one of the top ten love stories in cinema history.



I can still remember the tears running down my cheeks after this movie starring Richard Gere and Debra Winger and of course that wonderful song "Up there where we belong" by Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes.


Working class heroes overcome their upbringing and personal weaknesses to accept life and find love.

I have just listened to the song again and all those memories come flooding back from the 80's - such wonderful memories too.
So, if you are coming to Sydney in May I can highly recommend
you booking in to this great musical.
Enjoy your day . . .SuziQ




No comments: