Wednesday 15 August 2012

Sue Spargo

. . . well last week I had the best two days in such a long time, I met one of my favourite people Sue Spargo and her sister Wendy.


I had booked in earlier this year to attend her two day workshop at Cottage Quiltworks, Warriewood and I was determined to be there.  Our project was the flower vase.


Hereunder is the end result - Sue's version (not mine!!!)

I must admit I felt somewhat overwhelmed to start, just not knowing exactly what was in store but within a very short time I had settled right in. The group of 20 ladies were such a lot of fun.


Started off with the "kit" . . . 

We all felt that each time we had a question of Sue one felt like you were the only person in the room - Sue just makes you feel very special and gave her undivided attention. Sue's "works of art" are absolutely stunning - I have admired her work for a long time and as a matter of fact signed up this year for her BOM "earth and twig" which I receive each month and dutifully place on the shelf waiting for this workshop to come and give me the inside on how to tackle the BOM. Well it has now come off the shelf and after a few other long overdue projects will be looking forward to commencing.

WOW, starting to put it all together

Some of the stitches used: "drizzle" "closed fly" & "Pekinese"

Sue showing some of her works of art . . 

Selection of leaves sampler . . .

 Met some wonderful ladies - 

Just couldn't resist getting this happy snap . . . 

1 comment:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love what you have done so far...looks like the best work shop...