Saturday 8 September 2012

Tom Burlinson

"Now We're Swingin" . . .



What a great start to the weekend - we have just returned from the Laycock Theatre, North Gosford after watching Tom Burlinson and a fabulous band of top musicians salute the masters of vocal swing: Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett, Sammy Davis Jr and Bobby Darin. Also celebrating the swing superstars of today - Harry Connick Jr, Michael Buble and Robbie Williams.


Just an hours drive from Sydney via the freeway into Gosford - lot of fun with the GPS which couldn't locate Laycock Street but it found North Gosford - bit worried for a moment if we would make it. What did we do before GPS devices? the old Gregorys street directory I hear some of you saying!


I must admit I didn't know all of the numbers - a lot of them well before my time - but it was just great watching a live performance.

Into the sewing room tomorrow!  I hope you have had a great Saturday, until next time, SuziQ

I must

No comments: