Sunday 23 June 2013

My week . . .

Surprise from Passenger . . .
What's in My Hoop . . . 
12 Days of Christmas Kit . . .

As some of you might know, I am a bus operator for Sydney Buses and every now and then something special happens - so let me share my story.

Friday night a passenger boarded the L90 service at Wynyard, he had this beautiful bouquet of flowers and as he was getting on I commented on how lovely they were and jokingly said "oh you shouldn't have gone to all that trouble" . . . he placed the flowers in luggage rack and off we went.  About half way into the journey I let an elderly lady on the bus who had no ticket - she was a visitor and did not realise that one has to have a ticket to travel on pre pay Sydney buses. This gentleman said to  me - you aren't only a great driver but you have a kind sole! These sort of comments are just not used by the majority of passengers on a Friday night around 8pm.

So off we went and arrived at Mona Vale Junction where this gentleman collected his flowers and as he walked past me he pulled out this long stemmed orange gerbera which had wire twisted around the stem and presented it to me saying a huge thank you and keep up the great work!  I was just so surprised to receive this gerbera. At the time one of the on-board guards said to me he had never seen this happen on a Friday night.  So you can imagine I was on cloud nine and I just wanted to say that it was so nice to know that there are still some really decent people out there!!!  Hereunder is the pic of my lone gerbera.


What's in my hoop

I have been really enjoying sewing this gorgeous stitchery by Anni Downs called "Sewing Day Sampler". The surrounding fabrics are gorgeous and it has some 1/2" hexagons so I will be looking forward to doing those.


Speaking of Anni Downs . . . some time ago I ordered through Fat Quarter Shop her 12 Days of Christmas Kit and to my surprise it arrived this week.  Her fabrics are just so lovely and the Xmas panels are very colourful.





It is teaming with rain in Sydney this morning, what a great excuse to be in the sewing room. Hope whatever you are doing is fun and keep warm!  Cheers, SuziQ.


3 comments:

Susan said...

It's wonderful to be appreciated. Love your stitching, and Anni's new fabrics are divine. Maybe I should go shopping!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love the stitching..and yum

Chookyblue...... said...

what a great thing to happen.........
great fabrics have fun with them........