Thursday 4 July 2013

Large Hexagon Purse . . .

Today in Sydney it is a glorious 21 degrees with a little wind now just whipping up - hope wherever you are you are also enjoying fine weather!

I am home on my break before returning to my second half on the buses, so what else does one do but complete a UFO which I realise has been hanging around since our last holiday in November! Oh boy where does the time go!

This pattern is by Brigitte Giblin - one of her downloadable patterns and is called Grand Sac A Hexagones or Large Hexagon Purse. I must admit I had a bit of a challenge sewing on the frame - any hints out there?

I chose a jelly roll "Papillon" by 3 Sisters for Moda and lined the inside of the purse with the left over fabrics. Next purse I do will be more "fussy cut" method. I just love the red in this fabric range.

Until next time, cheers SuziQ








3 comments:

Susan said...

Omg! Love it. How could this bag ever be a UFO?

Anita said...

Very sweet project, I bet
you're very happy with the
end result.
Cheers, Anita.

marina said...

your hexie purse looks wonderful!