Wednesday 17 October 2012

Blue Mountains Retreat 2012 - update

Well I finally did make it to Katoomba - left early the next morning and arrived with the sun shining and a little fog hanging around with a temperature around 8 degrees.

I am just so pleased that I attended this Retreat hosted by The Stitching Post.  I thoroughly enjoyed meeting some wonderful ladies and shared a lot of stories and laughs.  


  Karen & Brendan our hosts, presented us with a delightful "goodies" bag with some very useful items inside.  Karen had also made some beautiful fabric birds as a centre piece and we were able to choose which one to take home - very thoughtful gesture.


Carol, Cherry Pie Designs




There were six items to choose from for the class to make. I liked the needle case with hexagons on the front.

Other patterns were by Gail Pan and Lisa from Fig n Berry Creations.

Our tutors were just so helpful and very encouraging.







Some of the other items on display.  I have purchased the patterns for some of these and put them away for that rainy day - you know the one I mean!



I have pencilled in the Retreat for next year - hope you can also make it!  

Until next time, SuziQ

1 comment:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks so good......love the projects...the 'goodies' bag, nice presentation....next year, sounds like a plan!!!!!